Friday 9 August 2013

X-Ray and Scanning

I'm a 17 year old girl who had previously had braces but didn't wear the retainers (hehe, naughty) and so therefore, my teeth had shifted!! I wanted invisalign because I didn't think the thought of me getting braces again were very appealing as I have a job where it's very customer based and it's also working with food, I also go to college and so I didn't want people to notice I was fixing my teeth. So, after doing some research and visiting loads of orthodontics I finally decided on invisalign.

I had my first proper appointment yesterday and after reading some blogs I was quite nervous with getting my moulds taken. But, just to my surprise they had this little scanning machine which could take your bite digitally. What they basically do with the scanner is scan over every tooth which takes quite a while and it blows air into your mouth which makes your mouth so dry. Once they scan every tooth they ask you to bite down to scan your bite. After that, the Dr took me into an x-ray room. Not only did i have wonky teeth but I found out that my wisdom teeth are in a very weird position to grow and the roots haven't formed yet! D: scary! After the x-rays were finished, he took me back to the room and we had a look at my teeth from the front, side and from inside/back (which i'd never seen before). My teeth are in bad shape! After all that was done I signed a few forms and the receptionist told me that the clincheck video would be ready in 2-4 weeks and they would email it to me. If I was completely happy with the results I would then have to email back to confirm everything and I would then be able to get my aligners after 10-14 days after confirming!!! I read some blogs saying it would take 6-8 weeks, but I guess I'm just lucky. So hopefully I'll be starting my invisalign journey by september, so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment